Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Death Caught Up To Columbine Survivor

This is some final destination shit!

AZCentral- Tiffany Lien survived the shootings at Columbine High School, but she didn't survive the strip-club subculture in Phoenix.

A jealous husband kicked in the door of the room where she was sleeping with another man and shot the lovers to death.

On Thursday, a Maricopa County Superior Court jury sentenced Rodney Hardy to death for the murders.

Hardy and Lien had lived together for more than two years. Hardy, 47, was an ex-con with a successful limousine service, and in his off hours he was a regular at more than one Valley strip club. Lien, 21, was a stripper, and Hardy said he had rescued her from the streets when she was pregnant and hooked on drugs. In his court testimony, he said he tried to take her home to suburban Denver, but she had refused to return to her family after they got there. He even took her to Vegas to marry - though he was still married to another woman at the time.

On Aug. 26, 2005, according to police records, Hardy smacked Lien. He hit her again the next morning and she left, spending the weekend partying with a stripper girlfriend and Don Stanciel, 32, who was another strip-club regular. Police records said Stanciel had recently moved to Phoenix from California to look for a job.

Over the weekend, Hardy called Lien repeatedly to ask her to come home. Stanciel took the phone once and told Hardy that Lien was with him.

In the early hours of Aug. 28, 2005, Hardy drove to the Tempe apartment complex where Lien's friend lived. When she came out of her apartment to buy water from a vending machine, he grabbed her and forced her to take him to her apartment. Then he kicked in the door of where Lien and Stanciel were sleeping.

As they scrambled to their feet, Hardy shot them both in the head and left them dead on the apartment floor.

Two days later, he turned himself in to Tempe police.

In his closing arguments, prosecutor Jason Kalish alluded to Lien's emotional tailspin in the wake of the 1999 Columbine shootings in which two teen gunmen killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 21 more.

According to Arapahoe County, Colo., sheriff's reports, Lien, then a 15-year-old freshman, was eating her lunch with a friend outside the school cafeteria on April 20, 1999, when they heard popping noises as if from firecrackers. They saw students fall to the ground and roll down a hill.

They told investigators they thought it was a production by the school TV station, until two kids sitting near them were shot and they saw the blood on their clothes.

Lien told investigators she looked the shooter in the eyes for at least 25 seconds, a skinny kid she did not recognize with long curly hair, wearing a long black coat, black jeans and baseball cap. He was later identified as Dylan Klebold, who killed himself after the attack along with his accomplice, Eric Harris.

Lien and her friend ran for their lives and hid, standing on a toilet in a stall in a girls bathroom. One of the gunmen shot into the room, shattering mirrors, though no one was hit. Lien listened as the shooter screamed "I hate you" to no one in particular, and when the shots seemed to be far enough away, the girls ran out of the building to safety.

Sometime around 2003, Lien moved to Phoenix with a boyfriend. She was pregnant when he dumped her.

And then she met Hardy.

MORE article here..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure miss my brother.....He didnt deserve this because of some jealous man beating his woman and also killing her becasue of his rage and stupidity. If he had been a better man maybe my brother would still be alive and he would not be looking at the death penalty. I hate Rodney Hardey for making my life harder. My brother was a father and I have the responsibilty of helping to raise his oldest kid and not able to do much more for all of his other kids. My heart is torn. My brother is no saint but no one deserves to be murdered over someone elses stupity.7 years have gone by and my heart is torn as if it just happend yesterday. I never would have imaged as a child getting pranked by my older brother, that I would not have him around to grow old with. My brother was my best friend because he knew my whole life as i did his. Rodney deserves the penalties that he has received I personally dont think that is enough for all of the extra trauma he has caused my family....

DARaiente said...

I am very sorry for your loss, I can see how hard it's been for you and your family. I apreciate your finding my article and for what it's worth... again, my condelences.

Anonymous said...

I worked with tiffany.. She was sweet, I remember seeing her and don right across from me as I was dancing.. He seemed very cool and chill.. I remember getting in my car and seeing them leave together.. Little did I know 2 days later they would be gone.. R.I.P

Unknown said...

Do any of you have a picture of don ? ....I am one of his children's aunt and she has been looking for a picture of him because she wants to see how much she looks like him and we can't find one anywhere

Unknown said...

Does anyone have a picture of Don? ....I am the aunt of one of his children and she has been looking for a picture of him to see how much she looks like him and we can't find one anywhere

Unknown said...

Do any of you have a picture of don ? ....I am one of his children's aunt and she has been looking for a picture of him because she wants to see how much she looks like him and we can't find one anywhere