Monday, December 13, 2010

R.I.P. Dwight Renfrew & John Schmeltzer IV

I remember the day like it was yesterday.. Turning on the morning news and hearing about my friend Emily's older brother.. I was in middle school at the time. So tragic, he was so young, so cute.. I remember meeting him a few times and having a bit of a crush on him. Now he's an angel.

Dec 7th, 1999: Grief counselors went to Greenwich High School today, after the fatal highway deaths of two honor students.

The teens died Monday when their car slammed into a tree on the rain-slicked Merritt Parkway. State police say 16-year-old John Schmeltzer IV and 16-year-old Dwight Renfrew were pronounced dead at the scene. Schmeltzer's car went off the right side of the road and struck a tree near Stanwich Road in Greenwich Renfrew was in the passenger seat. There was no one else in the car.

No comments: