Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hartford Circus Fire

A facebook friend of mine mentioned about the Hartford Circus Fire in 1944, and it's one more event added to the list of crazy things that I've some how missed knowing about.

I found this very good blog detailing all about it, and am posting a few pictures from it along with a few other good links.








I can't believe something so bad could happen in such a way- thousands of people, of families, enjoying their fun-filled afternoon of pleasure, turning so disastourous, so.. terrorfying. I can't imagine what it was like for the survivors... The parents who lost children, children who lost parents, siblings losing their brother or their sister...

And it pisses me off more so learning that it wasn't an accident that had caused such a loss of life, it was arson.

No comments: