Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mother's Alleged Account Of Father's Abuse Towards Haleigh



Haleigh Cummings mother, Crystal Sheffield in the interview with Fox news host, Greta Van Susteren on Feb 27th.
In the interview, Sheffield changed gears from her earlier description of Ronald Cummings on Geraldo At Large.



Sheffield said " When I first got pregnant with Haleigh, he punched me in the back of the head and before then, he was verbal. I mean he was just very abusive". When Geraldo asked "Are you frightened of him even today?" Sheffield repiled "Yes I am...I mean it could get bad enough for him to hurt Haleigh...Um, my cousin, Candice, told me when we got down here for this incident, that, um, he come to her house - it was Ronald, Haleigh, Junior and Misty. And Haleigh bumped into him or smarted off to him and she said he just backhanded her. And she fell flat on her face on the porch". (source)



Friday, Van Susteren interviewed Sheffield about the day Haleigh went missing:
"when you spoke to Ronald, what did you ask him" said Susteren, "I did not ask him nothing. He just told me he was sorry and that if he had been home from work, it would not have never happened" replied Sheffield.



"He is a good father, isn't he" asked Susteren.
"Yes. He loves Haleigh. I know Haleigh is his heart, and I do not think he hurt her" said Sheffield. (source)

No comments: